INTUITIVE SURVIVAL

Personal stories showing how intuition, signs, awareness and divination are used to give direction and aid survival in daily life, relationships and crises.

November 09, 2012

overcoming disgust of different people

Steffi is a ‘perfect’ person and because of her ‘perfection’ she has massive trouble coming to grips with the imperfections of others – the showing of which is anathema to her, considering it rude – so she has had to learn the art of tolerance in order to combat what she admits is a heartless disgust of disabled people (although many of her other hates of imperfections in others, such as obesity and old age, are also heartless).

“I know you will be horrified -- and rightfully so – that I could be disgusted or offended by disabled people,” admits Steffi, “but because a lot of my disgust and offence was picked up very early in life by those around me, please forgive me.”

“I am doing my very best to overcome my disgust of ‘imperfections’ in others that I don’t have – and disability is a real biggie,” says Steffi. “Hidden disabilities do not offend me, of course, because I can’t see them, but the sight of a brain damaged person, for instance, trying to perform normal functions like speaking or eating really freaks me out.”

“What offends me may not offend you, in fact I’m sure it doesn’t,” smiles Steffi. “You see, perfection comes with a sting, of sorts, in that everyone else seems imperfect by comparison; and, because I do not have any imperfections, I have a harder job than most people in learning the art of tolerance – accepting people for what they are.”

“Partner? Yes, sure, I have a partner, and he is perfect just like myself,” laughs Steffi. “You don’t think I’d settle for less, did you?”

“And if something happens to either of us that makes us less than perfect when we are married then we will cross that bridge when we come to it.”

“We aim to build a perfect life together by promoting tolerance because without it society is gross, rude and cruel,” says Steffi. “I am merely voicing what a lot of people think about disability privately – more people should admit that they have trouble accepting imperfections in others.”

Read more by Steffi on this issue:


  • perfect tolerance



  • disgusted by foreign people?



  • disgusted by fat people?



  • disgusted by breast-feeding?



  • disgusted by older workers!



  • perfect tolerance of smokers





  • Copyright 2006-2014 Intuitive Survival