INTUITIVE SURVIVAL

Personal stories showing how intuition, signs, awareness and divination are used to give direction and aid survival in daily life, relationships and crises.

August 29, 2012

Mr. World

Tanny enjoyed four weeks of bliss getting to know a wonderful new guy until it dawned on her that he belonged to the world, not her, and if she allowed the relationship to continue he would only break her heart.

“I fell deeply and passionately in love with him in the four weeks I knew him,” says Tanny, “and although he liked me more than any other girl, he was far too involved in other things to give me the time I wanted and I was far too scared to let him know how I felt.”

“More than anything else I didn’t want to become a clinging leach,” says Tanny, “so I gave him all the space he needed and I sat home alone, pining like you have no idea.”

“He had an incredible magnetism – something I’ve never experienced before in a man,” says Tanny. “In all other respects he was pretty ordinary – shorter than me, not as good looking as I am or as well educated – but when I heard him talking I was mesmerized, and when his eyes twinkled at me I literally melted.”

“I met him at a cookery class of all things,” laughs Tanny. “He was involved in the running of several evening classes, here and overseas, and this – in itself – should have set my warning bells off, but it didn’t, because I attended class to learn how to cook, not to meet guys.”

“I was the only girl in the class,” laughs Tanny, “and I think this may have sparked things off between us because he paid far more attention to me than anyone else, and I loved it!”

“Some classes he would be there, some not, and when his assistant took over I missed him so much.”

“In week two of the class, he asked me home for dinner and we had the most perfect evening together imaginable – we talked until dawn, or at least he did, and I sat there listening spellbound.”

“For two more weeks we shared a few more magic evenings together,” says Tanny. “He was so sharing of everything in his life – and I just couldn’t get enough of him – wanting to know everything he had ever done or thought, how he started his business and what his future plans were. He never asked me any questions about myself – and I never volunteered any information – what was there to say about my boring life in comparison with his?”

“I never asked him what he did when he couldn’t see me,” explains Tanny. “I don’t think he was secretly married or had another girlfriend – he was just a very busy man with many business ventures at home and overseas and I had to accept that.”

“The trouble was, though, that I couldn’t get him out of my mind when we weren’t together and I couldn’t function as my normal independent self,” explains Tanny. “I was totally obsessed with him and this scared me so much because I had never been like this with a guy before.”

“The last time we were together he talked about marriage and showed me plans for a house he was having built and sort of implied that there was a future for me with him – although we had never spoken the ‘love’ word,” says Tanny, “and I went home feeling on top of the world, yet hopelessly down in the dumps.”

“I sorted out my feelings and it came down to some simple findings,” says Tanny. “Here was a guy who was in charge 100% and I had fallen under his spell. I wasn’t myself. I couldn’t be open with him. He didn’t give me a chance. It was all about him!”

“Had I told him that I obsessed about him when we weren’t together – that I pined like an idiot until the next time I saw him and couldn’t function normally any more - he would have been shocked, or maybe not,” laughs Tanny. “I believe he had the impression that I was a down to earth girl, or at least that’s how I came across when I was with him, but maybe he saw through me all the time.”

“When he next contacted me with a link to a new web site business venture he wanted me to see I imagined that I was one of hundreds of people, men and women, on his contacts list and I kind of lost it,” says Tanny. “It was all about him, and nothing about me, and that’s how it would be forever with this guy.”

“He was breaking my heart without even knowing what he was doing, or perhaps he did,” says Tanny, “and although he was the most fascinating guy I had ever come across, a relationship should not be as complex as this one was turning out to be.”

“I wanted to run with him in the wind, then skinny-dip in the dark and cover him with honey and lick it off - but we never did any of those things,” sighs Tanny. “It was all too intellectual for me. I could not live in rarified clouds, I needed to come down to earth.”

“I messaged him back that I wanted to move on - short and sweet,” says Tanny, “and, as I expected, he never replied and now I have to get over the guy, give him back to the world which he rules, and get my life back."

Read more about Tanny's relationship:


  • Know when to fold them



  • Copyright 2006-2014 Intuitive Survival