INTUITIVE SURVIVAL

Personal stories showing how intuition, signs, awareness and divination are used to give direction and aid survival in daily life, relationships and crises.

August 30, 2012

coincidence or intuition?


Maria is 33, an only child, never married and lives with two girlfriends in a fashionable apartment. After deciding to break a ten year friendship with her ex boyfriend, she experienced a strange series of coincidences that made her think time and time again that something really strange was unfolding in her life.

"Either my ex boyfriend, Terry, was dabbling in the Black Arts and playing some sort of psychic revenge game on me," says Maria, "or the Universe was teaching me a lesson I needed to learn."

Once it could have been a coincidence; twice it was looking a bit suspicious; and by the third occasion she had an answer, of sorts, and it was very surprising.

"It all had to do with Terry's date of birth," explains Maria. "The three coincidences centered on my ‘meeting’ three men who shared Terry’s birthday. I have no idea what the mathematical computation for these coincidences is, but I’d imagine it would be astronomical."

Maria had never known anyone with that birthday before meeting Terry, or during her brief relationship with him, or during her subsequent ten-year platonic friendship with him. Imagine her surprise, then -- within a few months of her final communication with Terry -- to meet a lovely guy, Gavin, who, in passing, told her his birthday.

"Up until that time," says Maria, "I was looking forward to a great friendship developing with Gavin -- he was super special -- but I stopped dead in my tracks when I discovered that Gavin had the exact same birthday as Terry. It turned me off stone cold. To this day, poor Gavin is probably wondering why I lost interest so quickly, but I could hardly tell him the truth. My instinct was to get away from him, fast!"

"You see," explains Maria, "I didn't want to have a friendship with anyone who reminded me of Terry. And, as it turned out, Gavin became a bit nasty when I cooled off, so the coincidence could very well have been some sort of cosmic warning."

Shortly afterwards, Maria got a new boss at work. He was adorable.

"It was a pleasure to work with such an intelligent, charismatic man," enthuses Maria, "but three weeks later, I walked into his office at the precise time he was filling out his date of birth on some application form. Casually, I looked over his shoulder and when I saw what his date of birth was I fled from his office in shock. You guessed it. The exact same birthday as Terry's -- again. Now don't tell me that this sort of thing happens to everyone. It had never happened to me before and I certainly never want to experience it again."

That night Maria tossed and turned, wondering whether she should resign her job. She did not want to spend 8 hours every day with someone who reminded her so closely of Terry. Furthermore, she said she felt chilled by a feeling she could not explain. It really spooked her.

By the next day, logic prevailed and Maria determined to act as if these two coincidences were just that -- pure and simple coincidences.

However, four weeks later, after a series of some very nasty occurrences at work, she was finally forced to resign her job.

Her ‘adorable’ boss had double-crossed her about a promised promotion. A very young and very pretty co-worker with whom he was rumored to be having an affair had been given the job that Maria had been promised.

Intrigued by these two coincidences, Maria then picked up a few books on the subject of chance and coincidence at the library, and noted that all of them made reference to Carl Jung's psychological studies.

"The next time I visited the library I took home Jung's works as well as a few books related to his life and times," says Maria. "Imagine my astonishment when I opened his biography and saw his date of birth. The same as Terry’s, but a different century of course. Finally, I woke up to the fact that something meaningful and magical was happening. But what?"

"I spent days and days reading all I could about Jung," says Maria, "and it just might be another coincidence but apart from having a superior intellect and a sharp wit, Carl Jung also dabbled in psychic phenomena and was a notorious womanizer whose ex-lovers remained faithful, or friendly towards him for the rest of their lives."

Maria did not stick around the subjects of her first two coincidences, Gavin and her new boss, long enough to know much about them, but the similarities between her ex boyfriend and Carl Jung were so glaring in respect of their charisma, intelligence, womanizing and penchant for dabbling in psychic phenomena that she gained sufficient insight to resolve her ‘coincidence’ dilemma by accepting that she had been lead to Jung for a purpose.

"But what was that purpose?" asks Maria.

Upon discussing these coincidences with friends, it was suggested to Maria that they may have an astrological basis. An astrologer friend, Carolyn, did some charts for Maria but nothing particularly extraordinary materialized. Then it was suggested that it might be a 'Leo' thing. All four men were Leos. Maria, a Sagittarian, dismissed the Leo connection on the basis that she had known many Leos in her life -- her father was one -- and there was nothing strange or fateful about any of her previous associations with Leos.

Carolyn was not convinced. She said that there is a natural affinity between the two signs. Leos fall into the Sagittarian solar ninth house of exploration, and Sagittarians fall into the Leo solar fifth house of fun.

Maria conceded that there was always fun and exploration, learning new things, in all of her dealings with Leos, but there was never a psychic link or instant rapport with a Leo before she met Terry.

"I was much closer to my father, a Leo, than I was to my mother, a Taurus," admits Maria, "but dad’s birthday was nowhere near Terry’s and Terry was nowhere close to being like my dad."

Maria then checked out numerology and surprisingly the numbers of Terry, Gavin and the new boss formed a ‘full house’ with her numbers, and the numbers of Carl Jung formed a very close ‘full house’. It looked very much like the coincidences had a numerological basis, but Maria still didn’t understand what all this meant.

She felt that there had to be a reason why the coincidences happened.

And then Maria had the good fortune to meet Stella, a lady who had a great deal of experience delving into past lives, and when the coincidences were explained in terms of her and Terry sharing a past life together, Maria felt a great deal of angst flow out of her life.

Being Carl Jung's lover in a past life not only makes for a nice story for Maria, but it also gave her closure on a part of her life that she looks back on with incredulity.

After that revelation, the spell -- if that is what it was -- came to an abrupt end.

Maria never came across anyone with that fateful birthday combination again, and, having gained a basic understanding of Jungian psychology, is absolutely certain that she never will.




Copyright 2006-2014 Intuitive Survival